Top Ten Five Star Hotels in Dubai
Dubai, with its azure coast line and pristine waters is a sight to behold. It’s a modernistic city which is the abode of the rich and the famous. It is known as one of the most luxurious destinations of the world. Each year millions of tourists throng the city to get a view of the Dubai Marina, Creek Park, Gold Souk or simply to get their hands on the state of the art fashion brands available at the Mall of Dubai. It’s an alluring blend of modern and ageless. It is also home to the best five star hotels.
Choosing the right five star hotel in Dubai
If you are thinking about booking a luxury hotel, making a booking is not a big deal. What actually matters is choosing one which is just right for you. The following things would help making a choice much easier:
- Get to know your budget. The price for a luxury hotel can vary from one hotel to another. Once you have an idea of how much you are willing to spend, it would actually help narrow down the choices
- The next thing you need to do is to know what you expect from a luxury hotel. Since it’s a five star hotel it should have all the amenities which you might be looking for.
- Another important thing to consider is the location of the hotel. It should facilitate your stay in Dubai. If you are there for business purposes you need to make sure that it’s near to your office and the commute will be much easier. If you are on a honey moon choose a hotel which offers some peace and privacy. On the other hand if you are with family you might want to make sure that the hotel is centrally located.
Keeping these things in mind would help make the choice easier. Also make sure you take a look at the following list of top ten five star hotels in Dubai.
There are more than a few contenders for top hotels in Dubai. These hotels have state of the art luxuries and facilities which are unmatched anywhere else. Every travel enthusiast has an idea of the luxury sky liners which Dubai is known for. These hotels house some of the most famous restaurants which normally grace the upper floors and give the viewers an actual taste of Dubai at its extravagant best.
However, not all of these luxurious hotels are known for their height, there is the “Atlantis, The Palm” which is famous for its underwater suites known as the Poseidon and Neptune. Not only does it house 65000 fish in a gigantic aquarium but has enough water to fill around four Olympic sized swimming pools.
Not to be left behind is the sail shaped “Burj Al Arab”. It’s an embodiment of class from head to toe. There have been several documentaries made about it because it’s considered as the world’s only seven star property owing to its unrivaled lavishness.
These hotels are designed in a way that makes them unique and outstanding. In fact, the Jet Set of the world is known to frequent these hotels which are the epitome of ultimate extravagance. The following is a list of top ten five star hotels in Dubai.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah
The Burj Al Arab stands on an artificial island which is connected to the Jumeriah beach by a private curving bridge. The shape is designed to resemble a sail of a ship. It boasts a helipad at a height of 210 meters above the ground. Talk about getting down in style.
- It is the world’s tallest hotel which was the first in its predecessors to cross one thousand feet in height.
- Fact is that it took around three years to claim the land from the sea and an additional three years to complete the construction of the hotel.
- The total cost of building the hotel came down to a whopping $650 million.
- It is also one of the most extravagant hotels in the world. A simple one night stay can cost anywhere from $1000 per night going up to $15’000, depending on the added amenities which a guest might choose. The royal suite is one of the most expensive with costs going up to $28’000 per night.
- The Burj Al Arab has actually redefined what luxury means. There is nothing halfhearted about it. The duvets are considered as the most exclusive ones in the world. It is said that the feathers in the eider down are harvested from duck’s nest in Iceland.
- What’s more they even have an exclusive pillow menu which guarantees a great sleep to each and every guest.
- That’s not all though, there are around 16 florists in the hotel. You can take your pick from any of these. Guests can ask for bespoke arrangements ahead of their arrival. This is called being greeted in style.
- The interior of the hotel is embellished with 24 karat gold leaf. Also not to be left behind is the largest Swarovski crystal ceiling in the world.
- The hotel also comprises of a turtle hospital. The injured turtles are treated here in collaboration with Dubai’s wild life protection office. Since 2004 more than 1600rescured turtles have been safely released back into the Arabian Gulf.
Atlantis, The Palm Dubai
The Palm is an ideal retreat for those who don’t want to compromise on luxury but would also love to have their much valued peace and calm. At The Palm you have an unrestricted view of the Dubai Marina and the Jumeirah beach front. It’s an exclusive view which only the ones residing at the hotel can enjoy. The hotel is designed to resemble the Andalusia and Moorish architecture. There are beautiful fountains and picturesque pavilions. The pure splendor of The Palm is going to leave you star struck. The rooms boast their own private balconies and the suites come with their very own pools. The off white and russet color palette of the rooms give it a look of majestic grandeur.
- The Palm is built around the theme of the mystical city of Atlantis. While being an ultramodern beach resort it echoes the mystical vibes of Morocco by its style and architecture.
- The Atlantis is huge. It is about the size of sixty four Wembley football pitches.
- The Royal bridge suite at the Atlantis costs around a whopping $27000 per night.
- Guests from over 227 countries have graced The Palm with their presence
- The famous ten meter high centerpiece which is a large sculpture was designed using some 3000 pieces of hand blown colored glass
- It house some of the best restaurants in Dubai. Three of those belong to celebrated chefs Nobu Matsuhisa, Girogio Locatelli and Gordon Ramsay.
- The ambassador lagoon at the Atlantis is the world’s largest open air aquarium and is the home of some really striking marine creatures.
- Its most famous attraction is the Aquaventure playground. It contains over 18 million liters of water and has the most interesting and outlandish rides.
The Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Located near the Burj Al Arab and a ten minute walk from Madinat Jumeirah, The Jumeirah Beach Hotel is quite splendid. Every room in the hotel has an exclusive view of the beach and the Burj al Arab. Compromising of 26 storeys, the design of the resort is inspired to look like a breaking wave. The fact that there are six swimming pools to choose from and some twenty one restaurants to choose from, this hotel is a class apart.
- The hotel boasts 2 kilometers of private beach. You can enjoy your trip to the beach with no worries about privacy.
- Around 150 varieties of coffee are offered on a daily basis at the Palm court lobby lounge. This is definitely a coffee haven for people who are addicted to caffeine.
- There are about twenty one food and beverages outlets which roughly serve around one and a half million guests each year.
- What’s more if you plan on enjoying yourself sitting across the pool you are going to be served a complimentary ice lolly. All the more reasons to go beat the heat by a cooling dip in the pool.
The Ritz Carlton
Located in the heart of Dubai, this high end hotel caters to the rich and the famous. If you want to enjoy the hub bub of Dubai and be in the center of all the action, the Ritz Carlton is a great place to be. There are several architectural influences which have inspired the design of the hotel. Its exterior lime stone façade is charming and quaint while its beautiful courtyard houses exquisite waterfalls and fountains.
- The Ritz Carlton is known for its blend of modern and historic. All the influences come together to create an amazing hoteling experience. One which the guests won’t be able to forget for a long time.
- You can be expected to be treated like royalty by the staff. It’s a one of a kind experience and one which you won’t be forgetting any time soon.
- Once a waiter at the Ritz Dubai overheard a man talking to his wheel chair bound wife. They were talking about how he wished he could get her down to the beach. The waiter let the maintenance know about it and the very next day they created a wooden walk way that lead to a tent which was set up for the couple to enjoy their lunch.
Armani Hotel Dubai
The Armani Hotel is named after the famous fashion designer and is located in the heart of Dubai, the Burj Khalifa. The hotel occupies several floors in the iconic building. It also offers the best view of the whole of Dubai. You can feast your eyes on the Dubai fountain and enjoy the beautiful dancing fountain at your leisure whenever you fancy it. You also have an unobstructed view of the Dubai opera and the Souk al Bahar.
The design of the hotel is a trademark of the famous designer Armani himself. It elicits a chic and minimalistic image. The bright lighting paired with neutral shades is a sight to behold. Amenities include a luxurious spa, a sun trap terrace where soothing music is played all the time and an arrow shaped pool.
- It is one of the most tastefully designed hotels in Dubai. The furnishings are completely custom made and the zebra wood panels complement the décor.
- Each guest at the hotel is assigned a personal lifestyle manager. They are responsible for handling everything from child care to making large bookings. This allows the guest an exclusive home away from home kind of experience.
- The staff at the hotel is warm and welcoming. They go through a rigorous selection process and only the very best are chosen to serve guests.
- The hotel is elegant in a completed understated way. There is nothing over the top but everything about it spells class.
Located in the quite locality of Oudh Metha, the hotel is just right for guests who crave a little quiet and peace. It’s easy to access a great many places by walk if you plan to stay at Raffles, Dubai. The design of the hotel resembles a pyramid and has a strong Egyptian influence. The interior of the hotel is extremely elegant with it ottoman style sofas and furnishings which echo a long gone era.
Four Seasons Resort
This amazing hotel is located right on the Jumeirah beach. The aesthetic color palate echoes sophistication and grace. Each guests is assigned their own personal butler who is at their beck and call with the push of a single button.
The Palazzo Versace
Located near the culture village in Dubai, it’s only a fifteen minute drive to the Dubai mall. The design of the hotel is an ode to the sixteenth century Italian cathedrals. The glamorous chandeliers and marbled floors evoke a feeling of magnificent luxury. The furniture which decks the hotel is designed exclusively by Versace.
The Palace Downtown Dubai
While down town is known as old town it actually one of the newest districts in Dubai. The decor of the hotel is based on the minimalistic principle of less is more. It has an oriental and Middle Eastern influence which makes it aesthetically appealing.
Coral Boutique Villas
If you are not a fan of ostentatious luxury but prefer something simpler, the Coral boutique villas are a great choice. The amenities which are provided are just as high scale which can be found at a high end hotel. There are interesting restaurants to choose from and interesting leisure pursuits like golf, skiing and horse riding.
The above mentioned are the top ten five star hotels in Dubai. The cost for each of these differs to quite an extent. You should simply chose from one which suits your budget.
Things to do at a five star hotel in Dubai
It’s not every day that you might get a chance to enjoy the luxury offered by the best five star hotels in Dubai. There is so much to do and enjoy. Plus it’s an occasion which won’t be coming in your life too often. The mere thought of all the affluence is enough to put you in a trance. In order to make sure you get the most out of your stay at a five star hotel, do indulge in all of the following.
- Make sure you ask for the best rooms. This is because you won’t be getting too many chances of staying a luxury hotel. So when you do get that chance, you have got to make sure you avail it. You have the choice of inspecting a few rooms and then choosing one which is best. You got make sure that you have an astounding view from your room. After all if you are looking to spend some quality time contemplating life, why not with a magnificent view right in front of you.
- Keep in mind that you should have confirmed the time of your check in. Also it is advisable to reach at least an hour before the assigned time. This would help the staff make the right preparation for your room.
- When eating at the restaurant buffet make sure you go for the complicated stuff. Stuff which you don’t usually make at home. This would allow you to fully enjoy the benefits which come with staying at a luxury hotel. You get to try the most scrumptious and amazing dishes, cooked to perfection.
- Don’t forget to make use of the closet space that has been offered to you. Enjoy the almirahs. Walk in closets are a dream literally. Hang each and every one of your stuff out there. Take it out from your bag and get it ironed at the laundry. You need to make sure that you always step out in style. After all you have to make sure that you look no less than all the other guests staying at the hotel.
- Use the swimming pool. It’s not every day that you get to dip in the pristine crystal clear pool back home. Even if you do not know how to swim you could always enjoy from the side lines or simply giving in to the pleasure of enjoying a cool dip in the pool. Dubai can get pretty hot during summers so a pool is a great way to calming down your frazzled senses.
- Don’t forget to check in. You need to make sure everyone knows where you are staying at
Keep these things in mind while you enjoy your stay at one of the best five star hotels in Dubai.